Pages

Sunday 12 September 2010

The honest broker

The alleged climate change is a very controversial and politicized issue, in particular as it is being used as an excuse to overthrow our modern democratic society. The discussion between alarmists and realists has become polarized, with blogs such as ClimateProgress and RealClimate ramping up the hysteria to maximum levels and fomenting anger and hatred.

I’m saddened by this. This tribalism is really quite detrimental. As for myself, I am a sceptic now, but once I too was a believer in anthropogenic climate change. When I decided to learn more about the issue, I soon understood that I had been conned. The evidence was simply not there! However, I have always had an open mind and I have kept a civil tone, as any reader of my blog can testify. I wish everybody could be as open-minded and civil as me, so we could have a more fruitful discussion about this important issue. I consider myself to be positioned quite in the centre of opinions about climate change. Therefore, I have decided that I will be the honest broker, trying to bring both sides in the debate together on this blog in a constructive exchange of opinions and ideas.

In particular, I wish that both sides could admit that we really don’t know anything about how the climate works. Some people say that Earth is turning into a hothouse, and some people say that an ice age is imminent. How are we to know who is correct? I say that we should be humble when facing the mysterious and unknowable forces of nature. What nature does is much more important than our petty disagreements.

The alarmist side needs to admit that the Climategate scandal and all the other scandals revealed massive and systematic fraud and oppression in the climate science community. On the other hand, climate realists should also admit that not all climate scientists are unscrupulous con men, but that there are some that are basically honest but simply dare not speak out about their doubts out of fear of the IPCC inquisition and its merciless henchmen. Only by openly admitting our mistakes can we progress toward mutual trust and respect.

Often while sitting by the side of the beds of poor orphans with cancer, I have wept silent tears over the current state of strife, anger and distrust in the climate science community. Just remember CRU’s brutal treatment of Steve McIntyre’s data requests , or how Menne and accomplices shamelessly stole Anthony Watts’s meticulously collected weather station data. But I say: let’s forgive what happened in the past. That one of the two sides has predominantly been at fault is not so important – we must forgive about the past and focus on the future. Let’s give it all a fresh start. Let’s forget about the frauds and tricks of Jones and Mann and Hansen and Bolin and Revelle and Keeling and Arrhenius and Tyndall and Fourier, and start anew with a clean slate. Only that way can we truly begin to comprehend how the climate works and make a better future for the children of the world.

2 comments:

  1. I think you may have something here. But when you say "lets put the past aside" I think you're forgetting some other vital matters. We should discard all the existing temperature records, of course, since they are all flawed, and we should also discard all the existing papers in so-called scientific journals, because they are all biased. Not until a new, clean climate record - of at least the length of the current one, let us say 100 years to be generous - is available, should we begin to consider trends in climate.

    Incidentally, I prefer "Honest Bloke" to honest broker - the latter sounds a bit technical and possibly elitist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sledgehammer for the truth15 September 2010 at 17:40

    GODDAMN IT BARON, YOU MAKE SO MUCH SENSE EXTENDING YOUR OLIVE BRANCHES--YOU BRING A TEAR TO MY EYE YOU PEACE-MAKING SOB. I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to comment on my blog, dear reader.